Dates (khajoor) are very popular and beneficial fruit for health, skin and hair. There are various essential minerals in it such as Iron, Zinc, Magnesium, Sodium, Phosphorus, Calcium and Potassium. These are very good source of energy and fiber.
Do you want to lose your weight? Then dates are very helpful for you. Iron is a very important element for the human body. People who are suffering from iron deficiency it can be very helpful for them. It keeps your hair healthy and strong. You can get rid your acne, scars and stretch marks by applying mashed dates with honey.
Here, we are going to make a delicious desert known as Dates Kheer which is very tasty and famous among Indians. It is very easy to make.
250 gram – dates (seedless)
250 gram – mava (khoya)
50 gram –sugar
25 gram – almonds
10-12 – Raisins
10-12 – cashew
1\4 tsp – Green cardamom
How to start –
- Take a cup of warm milk, soak the dates in it for 30 minutes and keep it aside.
- Prepare the fine paste of soaked dates in a mixer grinder.
- Make a slightly coarse powder of almonds and walnuts.
- Boil the milk in a non-stick pan on low flame gas.
- Add the paste in the milk and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Now roast the khoya, sugar, almonds and walnut powder for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add it in the boiled milk, cook with cover for 6 to 8 minutes till it becomes thick.
- Add the green cardamom powder and switch off the gas.
- Decorate it with dry fruits.
- Serve hot or chilled…..as you want and enjoy.